About the terms
Access to and use of Ethnopedia.org.uk is provided by Ethnopedia Ltd on the following terms:
1. By using ethnopedia.org.uk you agree to accept these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of ethnopedia.org.uk. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to ethnopedia.org.uk.
2. Ethnopedia Ltd may change these terms from time to time. So you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of ethnopedia.org.uk will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website.
Use of ethnopedia.org.uk
3. You agree to use Ethnopedia.org.uk only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of ethnopedia.org.uk.
4. The names, images and logos identifying Ethnopedia or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Ethnopedia and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trademark, design right or copyright of Ethnopedia or any other third party.
Contributions to Ethnopedia
5. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with Ethnopedia you agree to grant to Ethnopedia, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for Ethnopedia.
6. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
7. In order that Ethnopedia can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give Ethnopedia the permission to use it for the purposes specified above
8. We normally show your name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise, but for operational reasons this is not always possible. Ethnopedia may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects.
9. Please do not break any laws when creating content you may share with Ethnopedia.
10. If you do not want to grant Ethnopedia the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with ethnopedia.org.uk.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
11. Some of the content posted in ethnopedia.org.uk is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Ethnopedia Ltd. Ethnopedia Ltd are not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on ethnopedia.org.uk or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through Ethnopedia.org.uk. Any links to third party websites from Ethnopedia.org.uk do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Ethnopedia Ltd and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
12. Ethnopedia.org.uk content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Ethnopedia, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Ethnopedia does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by Ethnopedia is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Ethnopedia for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
13. Ethnopedia shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of ethnopedia.org.uk regardless of the form of action.
14. Ethnopedia does not warrant that functions available on Ethnopedia.org.uk will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Ethnopedia or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
15. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
16. The failure or delay of Ethnopedia to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive Ethnopedia’s right to enforce that right.
17. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.